JOIN THE PRINT CLUB!
OPEN STUDIO | EVERY WEDNESDAY 6-10PM!
The Newark Print Shop’s PRINT CLUB is a weekly open studio for artists of all levels to come and make art together. Inspired by a flier at the Newark Public Library for a print club from about 30 years ago, the club was created to revive the interest in the fine art of printmaking in the city of Newark.
During PRINT CLUB, artists have access to:
- 24″ Conrad Etching Press
- 6×8 Kelsey Tabletop Letterpress
- 12″ Showcard Proof Letterpress
- Ferric Chloride Etching Tank (for copper plates)
- Thermofax Machine for alternative screenprinting
- Homemade exposure unit for screenprinting and cyanotypes
- Film photography darkroom for black and white film developing
- Brayers + Burnishers
- Squeegees + silkscreens
- Work table with clamps
- A community of printmaking enthusiasts!
To participate, please bring your own paper, inks, and ideas for creating prints. We do have some materials on hand.
You do not have to be a studio member of the shop to participate, but we do ask for a small donation of $10 for entry.
For more pictures from our Print Club sessions, check out our flickr!